The PolygonDelta1070 is a linear delta robot 3D printer designed around the beautiful Misumi 1070 flat extrusions with laser cutting as the manufacturing process for nearly all of the non-off-the-shelf parts.
- Latest (December 2015) Polygondelta1070_SourceRelease_dec2015
The Polygon Delta is designed to be be easily scalable within reasonable limits. To increase the build diameter of the machine you only need to increase the rod lengths, spoke extrusion lengths, bowden tube length, and build platform diameter. To increase the height of the machine you only need to increase the tower extrusion lengths, bowden tube length, and belt lengths.
- Build diameter of 6" and build height of 6"
- 100mm spoke extrusion lengths
- 170mm rod length
- 6" platform
- 470mm tower extrusion lengths
- Build diameter of 8" and build height of 8"
- 125mm spoke extrusion lengths
- 220mm rod length
- 8" platform
- 570mm tower extrusion lengths
- Build diameter of 10" and build height of 10"
- 150mm spoke extrusion lengths
- 270mm rod length
- 10" platform
- 670mm tower extrusion lengths
- Build diameter of 12" and build height of 12"
- 175mm spoke extrusion lengths
- 320mm rod length
- 12" platform
- 770mm tower extrusion lengths
Misumi Ordering Example
The design uses Misumi 1070 Flat Extrusion for structure and linear motion guides.
- Cut Fees
There are no cutting fees however the cost of any extrusion up to 300mm is the same price and 300mm.
As of December 2015 for 1 meter of HFSQN4-1070 is $21.10USD. Following are the extrusion prices for the sizing examples above.
- 6x6"(100mm = $6.30USD * 6 = $37.80USD) + (470mm = $9.91USD * 3 = $29.73USD) = $67.53USD
- 8x8"(125mm = $6.30USD * 6 = $37.80USD) + (570mm = $12.02USD * 3 = $36.06USD) = $73.86USD
- 10x10"(150mm = $6.30USD * 6 = $37.80USD) + (670mm = $14.13USD * 3 = $42.39USD) = $80.19USD
- 12x12"(175mm = $6.30USD * 6 = $37.80USD) + (770mm = $16.24USD *3 = $48.73USD) = $86.53USD
If you are capable of cutting extrusion accurately you can save money by purchasing 3 lengths of extrusions and cutting off two spokes from each. The 10mm addition is to allow for blade width of two cuts.
- 6x6" 100mm+470mm+100mm+10mm = 680mm = $14.34 * 3 = $43.02 ($24.51 savings)
- 8x8" 125mm+570mm+125mm+10mm = 830mm = $17.51 * 3 = $52.53 ($21.33 savings)
- 10x10" 150mm+670mm+150mm+10mm = 980mm = $20.67 * 3 = $62.01 ($18.18 savings)
- 12x12" 175mm+770mm+175mm+10mm = 1130mm = $23.84 * 3 = $71.52 ($15.01 savings)
In the USA shipping is generally reasonable. From my experience it cost about $15USD to ship the extrusions for a single machine.
(Further text, build files, and documentation to follow.)
PolygonDelta2060 is a variant adapted to use less expensive Misumi 2060 extrusions.