- 1 We are no longer producing these. The g-code file to cut the 6 mm Baltic birch plywood parts can be downloaded at our website at BobsCNC
- 2 Overview
- 3 Design Objectives
- 4 Current Status - We are no longer producing these. The g-code file to cut the 6 mm Baltic birch plywood parts can be downloaded at our website.
- 5 Current Part List
We are no longer producing these. The g-code file to cut the 6 mm Baltic birch plywood parts can be downloaded at our website at BobsCNC
This RepStrap is an attempt to create a simple cost effective design. The objective is to create a kit that has all the hardware needed for xyz motion. Steppers, electronics , and an extruder can be added to complete the printer
- 5 ply 6 mm plywood construction
- 8 mm steel shafts of smooth rod for linear motion
- 8 mm LM8UU linear bearings
- 200 mm x 200 mm x 200 mm build area
- Spectra fishing line drive
- Fabricate mechanical hardware in less than 2 hours
- Minimal part count
Current Status - We are no longer producing these. The g-code file to cut the 6 mm Baltic birch plywood parts can be downloaded at our website.
- 12/1/13 Cut the extruder mount and assembled the extruder. I have not tried this out yet.
- I bought some of the extruder parts from ohpakron on Ebay.
- I bought the SMC KQ2H04-01AS Brass Push-to-Connect on Amazon
- I made the threaded Peek, threaded aluminum, and nut.
- 12/8/13 Cut several of the plywood parts today. Table table and x motion are assembled and move nicely.
- 12/12/13 Cut the remaining plywood parts today. Machined the UHMW, cut the M6 threaded rods to length and put the parts together.
- 1/26/14 Added stepper motors, controller and power supply.
Current Part List
A lot of the parts can be purchased. The 8 mm shafts and M6 threaded rod will need to be cut to length. The z axis bearing support is a UHMW part which needs to be machined. The rest of the parts can be easily fit on a 20" x 30" piece of plywood and cut with a CNC router\laser.
Needed Parts For Kit
|#||Part Name||Description||Procurement Type||Quantity|
|1||Side frame||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||2|
|2||Top brace||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||2|
|3||Bottom brace||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||2|
|4||Table||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||1|
|5||Top motor mount||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||2|
|6||Bottom motor mount||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||1|
|7||Extruder mount||6 mm 5 ply plywood||Make||1|
|8||Z bearing support||25.4 mm x 25.4 mm x 66 mm UHMW||Make||2|
|9||Linear rail||8 mm drill rod 300 mm long||Make (cut to length)||6|
|10||Linear bearing||8 mm LM8UU||Buy||8|
|11||Spectra fishing line||for driving x and y axis||Buy||1|
|12||623VV bearing||bearing for driving y axis||Buy||1|
|13||M6 threaded insert||for driving z axis||Buy||2|
|14||M6 threaded rod||for driving z axis||Make (cut to length)||2|
|15||Coupler||5 mm x 6 mm coupler for driving z axis||Buy||2|
|16||Hardware||To be determined||Buy||+|