The Parametric Printrbot Variant needs a better name. It is inspired by the Printrbot, but is a complete redesign in OpenSCAD. It is being designed for use with 6mm smooth/threaded rods and NEMA14 motors like the ones used in the Huxley design, and LM6UU bearings for linear motion, though its parametric nature means that NEMA17/M8/LM8UU versions will also be possible. The parts are currently hosted on thingverse, and the latest updates/previews can be found on Whosawhatsis' Google+ page. This design is a work in progress.
In addition to the printed parts, the following parts are required (this is a tentative list, and the parts WILL change before the design is complete):
- 4 high-torque NEMA14 motors.
- 3 pairs of 6mm smooth rods (measurements will depend on desired build volume).
- 2 pairs of M6 threaded rod (measurements will depend on desired build volume).
- 10 M6 nuts.
- 2 M6 nylock nuts.
- 8 M6 washers.
- 11 LM6UU linear bearings.
- 3 623 bearings.
- 13 10mm M3 screws.
- 7 30mm M3 screw.
- 2 50mm M3
- Aproximately 13 M3 nuts and washers.
- 1 sheet of MDF or other flat material (measurements will depend on desired build volume).