Rostock Mini Pro
English • العربية • български • català • čeština • Deutsch • Ελληνικά • español • فارسی • français • hrvatski • magyar • italiano • română • 日本語 • 한국어 • lietuvių • Nederlands • norsk • polski • português • русский • Türkçe • українська • 中文（中国大陆） • 中文（台灣） • עברית • azərbaycanca •
Rostock Mini is a delta 3D Printer originally designed by Bwevans, with smaller build volume compared to a Rostock or Kossel, but much more compact, portable, and desktop friendly. 3dprinterczar improved Rostock mini with carbon fibre arms, Traxxas 5347 u-joints, and a planetary gearbox extruder. The top and bottom plates are made from 6mm acrylic sheet to give strong support of the entire frame. This is a complete kit that contains everything (including tools) to build a Rosotck Mini Pro. The mechanical part can be finished between 3-6 hours depending on your experience with RepRap machines.
- Build Volume: 18cm x 18cm x 25cm cylinder
- Heatbed: No (PLA is the recommmended filament).
- Extruder: Bowden extruder
- STLs for printed parts
- Vitamin descriptions
- frame sheet (6mm acrylic)
- all the other necessary files and information can be found on http://3dprinterczar.com/shop/3dprinters/rostock-mini-pro/
- Any RepRap controller supporting 4 steppers and an extruder (RAMPS, Melzi, Rambo, etc.).
- 12V 10A laptop power charger
- Nema 17 motors with 0.55 N*m torque x 3
- Nema 17 motor coupled with a planetary gearbox
- J-head MKIV hotend
- What are the advantages of having a Delta styled RepRap ?
- Delta RepRap such as Rostock Mini can print very fast due to the unique mechanical structure. It’s easier to assemble and more professional-looking than traditional Cartesian RepRaps. It’s also very fun to watch the Rostock Mini Pro print.
- What are Traxxas 5347 u-joints?
- Traxxas 5347 u-joints are mostly used in airplane models to give smooth movements. These are ball-socket joints that create very little friction when your Rostock Mini Pro’s arms move.
- Why carbon fibre arms?
- It’s super strong, light, and cool.
- What about the Software?
- You can use standard open-source software such as Repetier-host to control the Rostock Mini Pro.
- What is a planetary gearbox coupled Nema 17 motor?
- This is a Nema 17 motor with a built-in gearbox to increase output force. Traditional RepRaps use a printed gearbox structure (such as in Greg’s extruder) to achieve the same end; however, planetary gearbox is much more precise and more reliable as well.