RepStrap 1 0 Seedling
RepStrap v1.0 "Seedling"
This is the holder page for the future documentation on the 'Seedling' RepStrap machine.
This machine is designed around the McWire Cartesian Bot which is an easy 3-axis design.
There are two options when it comes to electronics: Generation 1 and Generation 2. Gen 1 electronics have been tested and work. They do however suffer from a variety of problems. The Gen 2 electronics aim to solve these problems. Below is a comparison between the two electronics systems
Generation 1 Electronics
- software that currently works
- relatively large base of users who have them built and are actively using them.
- modular design at network level
- lack of easy programing
- lack of a reliable compiler (SDCC issues)
- very rough stepper driving
- poor temperature measurement, etc.
Generation 2 Electronics
- easy programming through Arduino
- rock solid compiler (avr-gcc)
- chopper-style stepper driving
- ADC temperature readings
- based on other open source project (Arduino)
- modular on network and peripheral level
- Software still under development