This a build log/guide for my Wallace (M6 and NEMA-14 version).
My goal for this log/guide is to keep track of my build and to create the clearest and easiest set of instructions out there, so that even guys like me with zero experience can follow them.
The first step towards your new Wallace begins with this parts list:
1) A set of printed parts you can buy or print out yourself here.
2) Nema 14 stepper motors (5 of them)- I got mine from Pololu for $94.70 including shipping.
3) Stepper Motor Driver Carriers (4)- I got mine from ebay, $45.00 for a set of four. OFFICIAL POLOLU LINK.
5) An extruder. I went with makergear's .35 mm Hot End Pack.
NOTE: Read through assembly instructions before buying your rods, their length is the determining factor of your total printable volume.
6) 6 mm (M6) smooth rods ( 3 pairs so 6 in total)- I got mine from McMaster Carr product number 1272T15, $19.72 for 2 meters, free shipping.
7) 6 mm (M6) threaded rods (3.5 pairs , there is one pair between bases, one pair as z-leadscrews, one pair as feet, and one more bar between z-top-clamps)- I got mine from McMaster Carr product number 99055A120, $15.60 for 3 meters, free shipping.
8) 16 M6 nuts (8 for threaded X-rod, 2 for Z leadscrews, 4 for Z_top_clamp, 4 for Y-Idler)- I got mine from McMaster Carr, $2.29 for a bag of 100, free shipping.
9) 2 M6 nylock nuts (for the leadscrew couplers. You may substitute 2 regular M6 nuts tightened against each other to lock them in place.)- I got mine from McMaster Carr, $4.32 for a bag of 100, free shipping. I ended up using more than two (number)to secure the outermost parts of my Wallace, just to conserve space and make sure things stayed in place well.
10) 12 M6 washers (8 for threaded X-rod, 4 for threaded Z-top rod)- I got mine from McMaster Carr $2.12 for a bag of 100, free shipping.
11) 11 LM6UU linear bearings. (4 Y-bars/Base, 4 Z-bars/X-ends, 3 X-bars/X-carriage) I got mine from ebay, $10.30 for 12.