Kossel-XL is a parametric delta robot 3D printer, based on Kossel printer (by Johann).
- Kossel-XL is commercial printer shipped as upgradeable kit for Kossel Mini printer.
- This page discribes bill of material used for build Kossel-XL printer from scratch.
- With Kossel-XL, You're able to print bigger objects than on standard Kossel thanks to the bigger round glass.
Bill of Materials
All files come from Johann's Kossel repo: github.com/jcrocholl/kossel
Recommended print settings:
- Layer height = 0.2 to 0.3 mm (around 60% of your nozzle size)
- Perimeters = 3
- Top/bottom solid layers = 3
- Infill density = 50%
- 3x 750mm Black OpenBeams
- 9x 360mm Black OpenBeams
- 1x 250mm Round Borosilicate Glass Plate
- 1x 220mm Round Heated Bed
- 100x M3x8mm stainless steel screws (frame and most connections)
- 100x M3 stainless steel nuts
- 100x M3 nyloc nuts
- 6x M3x20mm stainless steel screws (arm attachment to vertical carriage)
- 12x M3x25mm stainless steel screws (belt idlers and effector-rod attachments)
- 6x M3x35mm stainless steel screws (tensioners)
- 50x M3x6mm stainless steel screws (rail attachment to extrusions - 8mm is too long!)
- 12x M3x16mm stainless steel screws (push rod attachment)
- 6x M2.5x12mm screws (micro switches)
- 3x M2.5x16mm (automatic bed leveling probe)
- 3x 400mm hardened steel rail and carriages HIWIN MGN-12H
- 3x 1164mm GT2 belt closed loop with 2mm pitch and 6mm width
- 1x GT2 Belt (5m)
- 6x F623ZZ flanged bearings 3x10x4mm (or F684ZZ 4x9x4mm for printed parts before June 21st)
- 3x GT2 pulley with 16 teeth and 2mm pitch
- 3x Kysan NEMA17 stepper motor
Diagonal push rods
- 12x Traxxas 5347 rod ends
- 12x M4x20mm set screws
- 12x Hollow Ball Joints
- 15x M4x20 Hex bolts
- 6x Carbon Rod (300mm)
- 1x J-Head Hotend 0.5mm for 1.75mm filament
- 1x Clear PFA tubing ID=2mm OD=4mm
- 2x Push fit connector ID=4mm with M5 thread.
- 1x NEMA-17 motor with an integrated Planetary gearbox with a 5 2/11 :1 ratio..
- 1x Spur Gear, 22 Tooth, 12mm od, 8mm id. Alternately, a Hardened MK7 drive gear that fits the geared stepper motor.
- 3x M3-0.5x25 Cap Screw
- 3x M3 Washer
- 1x 625 ball bearing (5x16x5)
- 1x M5-0.8x20 Cap Screw
- 1x M5 Washer
- 1x M5-0.8 Hex Nut (Nylock optional)
- 1x M3-0.5x16 Cap Screw
- 1x M3 Washer
- 1x M3-0.5 Hex Nut, Nylock
- 3x 36K7635 Omron SS-5 micro switch or 52672 Honeywell ZM10B10A01
Automatic Bed Leveling Options - Only need one of the following, depending on which you choose.
FSR(force sensitive resistor)
- 3x FSR circular pads
- 3x mounts for fsr pads
Bed leveling probe
- 1x Micro switch (same as for endstops above)
- 1x Bondhus 1.5mm allen wrench
- 1x Safety pin with 2.5mm loop
- 2x Ball point pen spring
- 1x Euro-style terminal block connector
- 1x Heat shrink tubing ID=2mm
Excellent guide to set up proximity leveling can be found on Instructables, search for "auto bed leveling Marlin"
- 1x PNP Inductive proximity sensor
Several versions are available but the most popular and simple to use is the LJ12A3-4-Z/BY. This model works at 6-36vdc(many other models need at least 12v), and has a sensing distance of 4mm. Can be bought on eBay for <$5
- 1x mount for your specific effector/carriage
- 1 Electronics setup RepRap Interface Standard #RIS 1 compatible or anything else compatible
- 1x 12V 5A LCD screen power supply
- 1x 3010 DC Fan and 1x 4515 Blower Fan
This is not a comprehensive list, but should give you an idea of what tools may be required. Review all build manuals/videos to ensure you have all necessary tools.
- 1x metric caliper
- 1x M4 Tap Drill bit
- 1x M5 Tap Drill bit
- 1x 1.5 mm allen wrench
- 1x slow-set epoxy
Follow Kossel wiki for tutorial.
- Firmware: download.krtkovo.eu/kosselxl/firmware/Kossel-XL.zip