Universal Controller Board v1.3
(Redirected from UniversalControllerBoard 1 3)
Note: development on Kicad boards should be done in the electronics/universal directory in subversion
- switch to MOSFET transistors (rewiring?) (d0ubled)
- Add debug LED's to Tx and Rx (nophead)
- Add debug LED's to min/max sensors (nophead)
- Add ICSP Header (Eric Frias)
- Add debug LED's to extra power transistors (Zach Smith)
- Remove R7/R8 wire links (nophead)
- Add ICSP header components (Eric Frias)
- Slightly Enlarge holes on .100 headers
- Fastener holes: ensure clearance fit for 1/8" (3.125mm) diameter shank (Imperial equivalent of M3). Dia 3.5mm should do it.
- Fastener washer space: ensure circuits avoid the radius of an M3 or 1/8" washer on the fastener holes (metal washers might short the circuit).
- More space for heater transistor heatsink (ensure clearance on heater LED)
- Avoid running high-amp power tracks through the board. Use multiple vias if transit is unavoidable.
- Another 0.5mm between the pads on the stepper connector & nearest mounting hole.
- Keep area between mounting holes at the heater connector edge clear for extruder mounting bracket (10mm wide clear zone). The bracket bashes into the soldered joints of the heater connector.
I solved it with a couple of washers to make the board stand off the mounting bracket.
- Test LED modifications on v1.2.1 board with 'green wire' mods.
* UCB 1.3.0 Schematic as of 2007-08-19 as a JPEG image
- [[File:UniversalControllerBoard 1 3-universal-sch.pdf: UCB 1.3.0 schematic 2007-08-19 as PDF|thumb]]