Talk:Milling and Drilling Head
I have some questions and part of them have got the unsure answers.
1) Q: What is the new tool chain to make my Reprap for milling and drilling?
- A: The g-code creating software must change. The new tool head will be a milling/drilling,find a way to mount it.
2) Q: Should the firmware be changed?
- A: NO.
3) Q: Should the host software be changed?
- A: If your host file can load the g-code file, don't need to change it. For example, Pronterface can't load a g-code file (is this true?).
4) Q: Which g-code creating software can I use?
- A: For PCB milling, see PCB Milling. For general milling, about any software producing G-code is suitable. For example, Catia's built in milling solution is known to work for a WolfStrap running Teacup.
5) Q: Anybody did a whole system testing?
- A: Yes. See e.g.: Gen7 Stories.