User talk:Virtlink/RepRap Buyers' Guide
Excellent idea to review the Buyers Guide!
I took the freedom to add another version of the vendor table. The ideas behind it:
- Assembled printers don't matter. They're usually questionable from the legal point of view anyways (e.g. no CE certification).
- Regarding location, country is sufficient. Postal services are usually equally fast for all parts of a country.
- About all vendors selling full kits also sell parts of these kits, like electronics or printed parts kits, so mentioning this in every row isn't necessary.
- Put a lot more emphasis on developers to distinguish them from copy shops. One of the basic ideas of open source is, people prefer to buy at the original developer.
--Traumflug 11:35, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you. I like your ideas, especially the emphasis on developers. Eventually this would replace the current Buyers' Guide; I already removed the dead links.
- However, some sites don't sell kits, only a subset of the parts needed to build a RepRap. But they aren't general electronics or hardware stores; they are RepRap oriented. Would you suggest adding those vendors only to the vendor lists of the vitamins they sell, and not here? And what about RepRap sites that only sell the plastic components?
- Virtlink 12:52, 7 June 2013 (UTC)