R2C2 RepRap Electronics
HBox RepRap Electronics
This electronics and firmware are being developed by User:Casainho (HardwareBox company) and will be commercialized on Ebay (including the releasing of source files) to worldwide 1 January 2011. The electronics and firmware will be released as Open Source that work with / and are fully compatible with RepRap software and others alike.
Advantages of this electronics
- Just one board to control your RepRap 3D printer (can also control any other 3D printer);
- Plug and play - you will receive it completed assembled and tested;
- Cutting edge technology - ARM microprocessor of 32bits running at up 120MHz (no more problems like this one because because of slow 8bits used on RepRap);
- Wireless communication using bluetooth - you will be able to use your PC or mobile phone as Android or Iphone to control your 3D printer;
- RepRap 3D printer working as standalone - you will be able to copy a gcode file from your computer to the printer/board and it will start print, without the need of computer;
- Heated_Bed and Mendel_heated_room support;
- Ready to control 2 extruders - 1st extruder for print material and 2nd for support material as seeing here (thanks to ifeelbeta.de);
- USB bootloader working as a USB Mass Storage device - you will just need to copy/past new firmwares to board as if is a USB pen flash;
- Expansion header so you can add support for other functionalities like using a laser to engrave/cut paper or wood;
- All the firmware is developed with OpenSource tools: ARM GCC, ARM GDB, OpenOCD JTAG Programmer/Debugger and Eclipse.
Electronic music for HB RepRap electronics
Because this electronics need some good electronic, robotic and chip music, please listen this one from Norwegian artist Binary pilot (I am being listening while developing this electronics). Music for you dance and dream while your RepRap prints: <flickr>5194767568|left</flickr>