The Mowi Printer is a foldable 3d printer, folded flat it is small, but opened up it can print big and with two materials. It also has a display for standalone printing. The Mowi printer is still under development so expect the files to change. I also did some manual changes that are not reflected in the files yet.
- Printing Size: 260mm x 200mm x 195mm
- Folded size: 400mm x 330mm x 86mm
- Printed Parts: 10
- Lasercut parts: 21
- Bought Parts: ???
- Electronics: Ramps 1.4
Main Open Issues
- The printer is not yet stable enough for reliable printing when placed on an uneven surface. (Find a way to fixate Y box to Z Frame for printing)
- The cables get stuck underneath hinge when unfolding and they get stuck betwee de x endstop and the x carriage.
- X- Carriage can only be printed with support and needs a lot of cleaning.
- Dual extruder calibration.
- Easier Assembly
- Less different vitamins
Bill of Materials
I tried to use as much (industry) standard parts as possible so most parts can be bought at a lot of suppliers, the links are only an example.
- Printed Parts
- Lasercut Parts, birch plywood, 2,3 and 6 mm, cardboard
- Electronics: RAMPS 1.4
- Display: RepRapDiscount Smart Controller
- Heated Bed: PCB Heatbed MK2A
- Powersupply: 12V 30A 360W Switching Power Supply, dimensions 199*110*50mm Aliexpress These powersupplies are a little bit smaller than before, maybe you need to move the holes in your lasercut YBottomBack and YBottomMiddle)
- Steppermotors: 3pcs NEMA17 / 0.28Nm / 40mm length,and 3pcs NEMA17 / 0.4 Nm / 34mm length NEMA17
- Hotends: 2 pcs reprap.cc Hotend 0,35 mm fully assembled for 1,75mm filament
- Extruder Gear: module 0,4 size 11x 11mm Aliexpress Reprap Extrusion head special gear
- Pulleys and belts: GT2 Timing Belt 2pcs GT2-20Teeth, Ybelt < 800mm, XBelt < 700mm.
- Endstops: Hall Endstops, e.g. RepRapDiscount hallendstops or Hall-Θ
- Lineair Bearings: 11 pcs Lm8uu 8x15x24mm, Linear bearing
- Ball Bearings: 4 pcs 624ZZ 4x13x5mm, 2 Pcs 608ZZ 8x22x7mm Ball bearing
- Power Inlet: Farnell IEC c14 plug panel mount
- Switch: Farnell on/off Rocker Switch
- USB inlet: Ebay USB B extension panelmount
- Smooth Rods diameter 8mm, for X axis 2pcs 310mm,For Z axis 2pcs 352mm, for Y axis 2pcs 400mm.
- Threaded rods 2 pcs M5 320mm
- Woodscrews Countersunk Sp 2,5 x 20
- Springs: 6 pcs
- Assorted screws, nuts, bolts and washers
- Kapton Tape
- Glass 3mm 20x 20cm
For aliexpress links, substitute the xx in the link for ss, Aliexpress links are blocked due to spam)