Generation 7 Electronics
This is a complete set of electronics loosely based on the (a bit unfortunately named) Gen2OnABoard.
- PCB easily to manufacture on a RepRap.
- All parts on one board. Except for the Opto Endstops, of course.
- Enough components to run a Mendel or Huxley with extruder and heated bed.
- Easy to set up. For example, this would include an USB port.
- Well available and cheap parts.
- Based on the ATmega644.
- Single board solution.
- Pololu stepper drivers, exchangeable.
- 4x stepper motor drivers with 1/16 microstepping.
- TODO: on-board USB-RS232 converter.
- Integrated hardware for driving one extruder (stepper, heater and thermistor).
- Integrated hardware for a heated bed (heater, thermistor).
- Integrated hardware for driving a fan.
- Ready to be hooked up on a generic PC power supply unit (PSU).
- Use of standard connectors.
- Debug LEDs for power, Fan and both heater outputs.
- Can turn PSU on and off in software.
- Reset button.
- Dimensions about 100 x 120 mm.
- Input voltage through a 20-pin PC PSU.
- Processor: ATmega644 (Atmel Corp.)
More to be defined.