Everything in One Place
The Everything in One Place Library Scenario
- A:"The problem is that the Library is supposed to be place where RepRap user-developers are supposed to feel welcome. If Joe User is comfortable using an Other Space but doesn't want to use the Library, the Library is broken. Also, cutting and pasting by hand is work. And it introduces Hall of Mirrors issues. And lastly, the role of the Library is to make RepRap users feel welcome to upload, not only RepRap developers."
- A2: We've tried that. It's no fun.
Q: "But my design has nothing to do with RepRap. Why post it here if it works as well with any other tool? Why would people even look for it in this library?"
- A:Well, if it is printed / laser cut with a RepRap, then it has something to do with RepRap. And it is more fun this way. And because making fun, beautiful, or useful things is the whole point of RepRap. If we do it this way, people help make the wiki beautiful, and it will be fun. (TODO: not an answer)
- A2: Helping reprap by uploading photographs or cad files is not compulsory. But it is more fun when people help.
Q: "But this wiki does not support Video/3D-Previews/Rendering STL/large files/tags/newest things/featured things/ratings/flattr/Twitter/Buzz/Facebook/... My design would either not be found or poorly presented."
- A:Coming soon! (TODO: not an answer --Marcus) (Give it time. --Sebastien) (I gave it nearly 1.5 years. On the internet that's ages. Marcus)