What is the Clonedel?
The Clonedel is a RepStrap design which is essentially a Prusa Mendel that is modified for easy casting.
Where did these parts come from?
If you got your parts from Metrix Create:Space, they were cast out of a two-part urethane cold-casting plastic compound, called Smooth-On Smooth Cast 325.
The original (positive) masters of these parts were printed on a Zcorp Z400 powder printer at Metrix Create:Space in Seattle around the beginning of March 2011. The design is from Mark Ganter’s lab at the University of Washington, and is a modification of the Prusa Mendel for easy casting.
These parts were printed from the designs located on our GitHub page.
How do I turn this into a Prusa?
Tools and Supplies
- One set of parts
- Drill bits:
- Knife (a box knife will probably work)
- Remove the parts from the shipping container.
- Use the knife to clean the flashing off the parts.
- Locate a drill press and drill out most of the holes with the appropriate size bit. The parts have divets to help align your holes.
- Tap the setscrew hole on the small pulleys with the tap.
- Follow the instructions for the [Prusa Mendel].