Circuit board construction
If you buy the printed circuit boards for Mendel ready-made from MakerBot Industries you will get versions intended for their CupCake machine. These can be used as they stand, but by making a few small changes to them (pliers, small screwdriver, and soldering iron are all that are needed) you can make the Mendel wiring a lot neater. Details of how to do these [PCB adaptions for Mendel | are here].
If you get kit boards you can build them for Mendel from the start, of course. Here are the instructions for building the boards yourself. One Mendel will need:
- 1 RepRap Motherboard (mendel/electronics/motherboard),
- 1 Mendel USB and power connector (no Eagle design - it's a simple piece of stripboard),
- 3 RepRap Stepper drivers (mendel/electronics/stepper-motor-driver),
- 3 RepRap Opto Endstops (mendel/electronics/opto-endstop), and
- As many RepRap extruder controllers as you have extruders (mendel/electronics/extruder-controller).
Back to How to make RepRap Version II Mendel.