Arcol.hu Hot-End Version 3.0
This hot-end is compatible (or adaptable) almost all known 3D printer.
- It is electrically and mechanically compatible with Rapman from bfb.
- Mendel has already a modified x-carriage to accept this hot-end, and also Wade's extruder can
- Prusajr Mendel variation accept this hot-end by default.
- Makerbot is worked on it.
- Shapercube, UP! printer needs volunteers.
1. Mechanical and electrical compatibility with Rapman. It has the same mountings, and use the same range of heater element (power resistor), and the exact same of thermistor.
2. Completely separated hot and cold zones. The filament only melts 10mm in total in the hot-end (including nozzle too). So it is very unlikely it blocks because of heat traveling.
3. Maintenability. You can unscrew everything, nothing glued or mounted permanently together. You can easily clean if some contamination blocks inside the nozzle. You can see inside, because the nozzle is about 10mm. Look at this article, if you wonder why it was important to me: http://blog.arcol.hu/?p=937
4. Compact. The overall height is about 70mm. The rapman needs some additional spacer disks to not modify the machine at all. (and also I dont see a point to have ability to print taller objects on rapman. Or having bigger Z travel)
5. Wire relief. It is secured, so its hard to broke one of the connections (especially the thermistors' one). I have some connection issue with my stock rapman hot-end, but I would need to destroy the nozzle and thermistor to examine it. It sucks.
6. Easy assembly. That basically means eliminated fire cement. Only the thermistor needs a tiny bit. I can mount a nozzle within 20 minutes with connectors, and everything.
7. Purpose machined. Everything is made with a CNC machine or lathe. That means virtually no leakage possible anywhere. I always prefered the better solution then cheaper one. That means additional heatsink (even if it is not really required), lathe on everything, etc.
8. Exchangable nozzle. Only the nozzle needs to be changed for different orifice size, or inner structure. So it is easily upgradable in the future for a fraction of price…;-)