The MOST RepRap was developed by the Michigan Tech Open Sustainability Technology research group
Main alterations from standard Prusa
- A lightweight carbon fiber rod y-carriage that has the capacity to increase y-travel to 250mm and increase print speed
- 3mm Bowden extruder using a Lulzbot pre-built J-head
- Z-motor coupling
- Minimal x-carriage for J-head hot end.
- There are other minor mods like redesigning the end stop holders using non-standard x-axis ends and the handy little belt terminators for providing tension and activating limit switches.
- Cost was minimized by using the Melzi board, minimizing the lengths of structural steel components and replacing fasteners with printed components as much as possible.
- Color coded with easy build instructions